Update as of 11/17/2020 @ 5:00pm
The Leadership Team and Faculty are excited to know that students will be with us tomorrow, Wednesday, November 18th, as we remain in a yellow zone at this time.
- Each family will receive an email from your child’s teacher or grade level informing you what supplies students will need to bring to school with them tomorrow.
- Please do not send back all of their school supplies which were sent home last Friday as we anticipate a change in zone designation possibly this week and would like to be prepared.
Plan C Distance Learning for all students:
- Thank you for your patience and sacrifice with having your child or children learn from home these past 2 days as this time provided our faculty time to enhance our distance learning program from the spring and prepare materials for the weeks ahead.
- We used feedback from parents collected last spring and this summer to make the needed improvements to our program.
- We are confident that we will continue to provide a rigorous and structured learning environment where all students can thrive whether in person or through distance learning.
- If we must move to remote learning due to a mandated red or orange zone, daily student schedules and expectations for online learning will be shared via email.
Our ultimate goal is to create a partnership with Williamsville Schools, an independent lab, a pharmacy, or an urgent care facility for school wide testing.
- Please hold off on scheduling any COVID tests for your children until further notice as we continue to seek guidance from the county and State on the testing mandate window and continue to pursue testing partnerships.
- We have made a formal request in writing to Williamsville Central Schools requesting to be included in their testing program, as per NYS Education Law 912.
- Additionally, we have requested rapid COVID testing kits from NYS Department of Health.
- We are communicating with local urgent care facilities, pharmacies, and independent labs to create a partnership for future testing.
- There may be an additional update on the zone designation tomorrow from the County Executive.
- If designated as an orange or red zone, we must move to remote learning until Monday, November 30th.
- A supply pickup will be scheduled based on the news tomorrow from the county and State.
Thank you for your continued support, patience, and sacrifice during these trying times.
The SGS Leadership Team
Mrs. Gajewski, Mrs. Sciortino, Mr. Luckett, Mrs. McIntyre