Good Evening SGS Families,
We look forward to spending the day with your children tomorrow, in-person. It is a dress down day for $1.00 to benefit the Family to Family Christmas Giving program.
Remote Learning Update:
As communicated yesterday, St. Greg's will move to remote learning, Plan C beginning Monday, Nov. 23rd. The Leadership Team has decided to extend remote learning from Monday, November 23rd to Friday, December 4th with an anticipated return to in-person learning on Monday, December 7th for grades K-8.
Preschool families (PK3, PK4, EK), we will be remote from Nov. 23rd - Nov. 25th and a return to in-person learning has yet to be determined. Please see additional email to share feedback with the Leadership Team.
This decision has been made based on our projected availability of testing kits and the finalization of the testing process steps listed below.
As of 11/19:
- We have secured a medical director to oversee our LSL (Limited Service Lab)
- We are currently in the final stages of applying for our LSL certificate to perform on-site testing
- We are recruiting parent volunteers in the medical field to help us administer tests to our faculty and students
- If you work in the medical field and are willing to assist, let us know here
- Continue to work on securing the needed PPE to administer tests
- Submit our final order of tests with the NYS Department of Health, an initial request has already been made
As of today, we project our testing window to be Nov. 30th - Dec. 4th here on campus based on the completion of the steps above. Consent forms for testing will be emailed and will be available on-site before test administration.
We have inventoried our Chromebooks and our teachers have all been supplied with a Chromebook for their remote learning students. Additionally, during the inventory process we found many to not be in working condition for remote learning. Therefore, we have a limited number to share with families.
We recently placed an order for 160 more Chromebooks. This order is expected to arrive in January and is on back order due to COVID.
At this time, we are asking that families request one Chromebook per family here by 9am tomorrow morning.
Mrs. Sciortino will reach out via email tomorrow, after 9am, to families that have requested a Chromebook to confirm this request. Chromebooks can be picked up tomorrow, Friday, Nov. 20th between 2:45-4:00pm.
Thank you and know we continue to pray for you and your children,
The SGS Leadership Team
Mrs. Gajewski, Mrs. Sciortino, Mr. Luckett, Mrs. McIntyre